[Technology-pmc] Build and test only dependency: NSIS installer

Resending since this didn't make it into the archive...

Greetings PMC.

The uDig project has made a request for us to approve NSIS installer as build and test only dependency (CQ 7222).

On 06/15/2013 02:11 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> I did check with Sharon first and understand that this initial NSIS
> build dependency is just that … only a build dependency. It will allow
> us to keep our NSIS installer script in the codebase. She
> already advised me that I would need to submit the NSIS source code
> (at least for the modules we use) in as a second CQ request.
>
> So until such time as this second CQ is submitted, we would not be
> distributing an installer from LocationTech.
>
> Thanks for the update on the mailing list front, it was is one of the
> first things projects migrating to OSGeo ask for so I did not
> anticipate it being an unusual request. I would really like to pick up
> sticks and shut this particular mailing list down.

I believe that this reasonably qualifies as a build and test dependency [1]; PMC lead, Jody Garnett, clearly agrees.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://lists.refractions.net/pipermail/udig-devel/2013-June/023312.html
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/IP/Test_and_Build_Dependencies
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation
Learn about Eclipse Projects
EclipseCon Europe 2013

Back to the top