[kura-dev] Kura Driver and pre-filling asset with channels

Is it possible to create a Driver that would instantiate assets with Channels already created and pre-configured?
E.g one could imagine a SensorTag driver that would allow to create a SensorTag Asset with all the channels corresponding to the "capabilities" of the SensorTag already created with default names and relevant datatypes, and maybe have them disabled by default?
I think there are many scenarios where, either because the channels are by nature very static (e.g we already know the available channels for a SensorTag), or because they can be discovered using the underlying protocol, this could be helpful, and I an not sure it is possible today?

I couldn’t find any obvious way to do this in the API but maybe I missed something. I guess another option would be to tap into configadmin to automagically create the configuration properties corresponding to the desired channels, but it sounds a bit hackish (if even possible).

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin -