Re: [jts-dev] Gitter <-> matrix <-> IRC

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 04:47:08PM -0700, Jody Garnett wrote:
> This seems really cool Sandro.
>
> One of the reasons I stopped using IRC day in and day out was lack of
> persistent chat, especially when swapping between desktop and mobile
> interaction (where i may lose connectivity and thus a conversation thread).
> I see there are several mobile clients available ....

My main use for Matrix is really from a mobile phone (Riot is the
client I use). From the terminal I still prefer my IRC client, so it
is great that Matrix supports bridging :)

> I would be in favour of registering jts with freenode, and experimenting
> with matrix.

I've sent group registration request

> I would like to see evidence we can use the facility provided
> before advertising it's availability heavily.

Sure, it's a good plan.
Note that Matrix is an open protocol and different free software
implementations of an "homeserver" exist. All homeservers can federate.

--strk;

Back to the top