[jetty-users] accessing Request from Session Lifecycle Listener

Hi,

I'm working with Jetty 12 trying to put a Kerberos and Client Certificate authentication handler *before* Jetty's default SessionHandler, and I'm coming up short on a way to propagate the authenticated identity into the HTTP Session.

specifically, I would like to access the Session from the onSessionCreated() method.  I'm open to extending one of Jetty's session components (as suggested by chatGPT) but I thought I'd inquire here first.

This is a Jetty embedded, native API project.

The examples I have found all have the SessionHandler coming first, so any subsequent handlers would have access to the Session, however I want to avoid creating a session entirely, for unauthenticated connections.

Regards,

Jeremy

Back to the top