[jetty-users] Jetty access control

 Hi,

I am using Jetty (jetty-distribution-7.2.1.v20101111) to remotely access files stored in the server.

To this end I simply added a symbolic link in the jetty webapps folder. The link points to the folder I want to share.

I want to control the access to the server but I did not find a working solution. I just need to prompt a request for username/password.

I tried to add the following lines to the jetty.xml
<Set name="UserRealms">
<Array type="org.mortbay.jetty.security.UserRealm">
<Item>
<New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.HashUserRealm">
<Set name="name">Test Realm</Set>
<Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/etc/realm.properties</Set>
<Set name="refreshInterval">5</Set>
<Call name="start"></Call>
</New>
</Item>
</Array>
</Set>

but I have a class not found exception messag ein teh logs (for org.mortbay.jetty.security.UserRealm).

Is there any way to control the access to the whole jetty server?

Thank you

F.

Back to the top