Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Introductions... =)

Ron,

you only need to checkout and build those projects you work on. In your
case org.eclipse.jdt.ui.
For CVS questions see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto

Dani

             "Ron Yeh"
             <ronyeh@cs.stanfo
             rd.edu>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse JDT UI developers list."
             jdt-ui-dev-bounce         <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             04.05.2006 17:49          Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Introductions...
                                       =)

             Please respond to
              "Eclipse JDT UI
             developers list."
             <jdt-ui-dev@eclip
                  se.org>

Thanks Daniel!

Sorry for being a N00B.

I guess my main question was where can I find a page that describes
how I get the minimal amount of source that I need to compile, and get
started testing, fixing bugs, etc? I ran across the CVS tree of
eclipse, and that seems huge! Do I need to download and compile
everything, even though I'm just looking into the JDT UI stuff? Is it
a project that I can check out, open in my own eclipse, and compile
via eclipse?

Also, do I need an account for extssh, or do I start with anonymous
access? I'll continue to read through the dev pages, but if there is a
FAQ or Getting Started Guide that I'm missing, then please do point me
to it.

Thanks a lot!

Ron

On 5/4/06, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> since you posted to the JDT UI list I assume you want to start helping
out
> here. So, first you might want to have a look at:
> http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/ui/index.html.
> Afterwards, the best start is to pick a bug which sounds interesting to
you
> and which you think you can fix. Announce in the bug that you intend to
> work in the bug.
>
> With "code viewer" I guess you meant the Java Editor. The code for that
can
> be found in org.eclipse.jdt.ui (*.javaeditor.* and *.text.* packages).
>
> HTH
> Dani
>

>              "Ron Yeh"
>              <ronyeh@cs.stanfo