[jdt-ui-dev] How to run org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests from workbench?

Hi!

I am currently having a look at the tests in org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests,
because I want to learn from them and find useful patterns for the ui
testing of the ruby plugin (RDT).

I can run the tests successfully as part of the
eclipse-Automated-Tests-3.0.zip by calling "runtests.bat jdtui". Now I would
like to run the tests from the eclipse workbench in order to be able to have
a debug session. I tried to run them via test.xml and ant, but had to
modifiy the test.xml ant script and failed with the following error message:

junit:
     [echo] Running org.eclipse.jdt.ui.tests.AutomatedSuite
     [java] Java Result: 13

Also the attempt to run the tests via Run->JUnit Plug-in tests requires to
modify the code (with regard to file locations, which I had to change from
relative to plugin root to absolute) and results in test failures (although
the versions of the test I've checked out should comply with the version of
the jdt plugins I am using (both  R3_0)).

Now I am wondering if the tests are meant to be run in the automated test
suite only or if these tests are designed to be run from the workbench as
well.

Thanks
Markus

--
Markus Barchfeld, Helmholtzweg 11, 65428 Rüsselsheim
tel: +49-6142-794021, mobil: +49-177-3773774

Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Back to the top