Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Introduce Factory refactoring

Hi Juan,

the best thing you can do is to open a bugzilla report at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi
product JDT, component UI. The bug report should contain the steps from
below to reproduce the
problem.

If you want to contribute code (which is highly appreciated), you best
provide a patch with the bug report
that fixes the problem.

Dirk

             dgn
             <dgn@xxxxxxxxxx>
             jdt-ui-dev-admin@         jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/23/2003 03:30          [jdt-ui-dev] Introduce Factory
             PM                        refactoring

             Please respond to
             jdt-ui-dev@eclips
                   e.org

Hi

My name's Juan Domínguez and I've been playing a bit whith the new
"Introduce Factory" refactoring in eclipse 3.0M5.

I've found some bugs and some cases that the existing code doesn't
account: The pathological case is when there's a call to the refactored
constructor embedded in the same constructor bein refactored, as in the
following example:

public class MyClass
{
             public MyClass(MyClass miClase)
             {
             }
             public static void main(String[] args)
             {
                         MyClass miClase = new MyClass(new MyClass(null));
             }
}

The story is that as a part of what hopefully will be my Master Thesis,
I've been implementing by myself that same Refactoring and I have some
working code that I have tested and addresses that cases, which, in
fact, was the most difficult task :)

I would like to contribute and extend the existing "Introduce Factory"
refactoring, so that it works with this cases. ¿What steps should I follow?

My existing implementation is obviusly "lava flow" code, but ¿Would it
be useful if I posted my plugin in this mailing list or somewhere else
(No license problems, it can be under the CPL)

Thanks