[jdt-ui-dev] Introduce Factory refactoring

Hi

My name's Juan Domínguez and I've been playing a bit whith the new
"Introduce Factory" refactoring in eclipse 3.0M5.

I've found some bugs and some cases that the existing code doesn't
account: The pathological case is when there's a call to the refactored
constructor embedded in the same constructor bein refactored, as in the
following example:

public class MyClass
{
	public MyClass(MyClass miClase)
	{
	}
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{
		MyClass miClase = new MyClass(new MyClass(null));
	}
}

The story is that as a part of what hopefully will be my Master Thesis,
I've been implementing by myself that same Refactoring and I have some
working code that I have tested and addresses that cases, which, in
fact, was the most difficult task :)

I would like to contribute and extend the existing "Introduce Factory"
refactoring, so that it works with this cases. ¿What steps should I follow?

My existing implementation is obviusly "lava flow" code, but ¿Would it
be useful if I posted my plugin in this mailing list or somewhere else
(No license problems, it can be under the CPL)

Thanks

Back to the top