[jdt-ui-dev] [Q] How to set a custom selection in the standard jdt.ui.actions?

Hi,

I want to use the standard action groups from the org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions package. My problem is that I want to set different selection provider (different selection) for the different actions. I noticed that these actions use the IViewSite.getSelectionProvider() method to get the selection provider. I can set one of the selection providers to the site, but then all the actions will use it, and it's not what I need.

Is there a way to set different selection/selection provider for some of the actions/action groups (RefactoringActionGroup for example)? I tryed the ActionGroup.setContext(ActionContext) method, which has get/setSelection methods, but it doesn't seem to do the job. The only thing that comes to my mind is to make a 'dummy' ViewPart, which is used only to be passed to the action groups constructors, and which returns the required selection provider by its getSelectionProvider method, but it seems like an unnecessary waste of resources.

Any ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated.
TIA

Regards,
Stefan

Take a moment - be inspired.