[jdt-dev] Proposal for Redesigning the IDE Logo

Dear developers,

I hope this message finds you well.

I would like to propose a redesign of the Eclipse IDE logo, with the objective of modernizing its overall look while maintaining the strong foundation that has been built around eclipse current brand identity. The idea behind this redesign is to align with the modern trends we see across major enterprises, adopting a minimalistic approach that feels fresh and contemporary but still recognizable.

The new design preserves the existing color palette, ensuring that the essence and strength of the brand remain intact. However, I’ve made some adjustments to the form and style, giving it a sleeker and more refined appearance, which I believe will resonate well with both current users and potential new audiences.

I have already created a draft of the proposed logo and will be sending it shortly for your review. I would be happy to discuss the design further and make any adjustments based on your feedback.

Thank you for considering this proposal. I’m confident that this small but impactful change can help modernize the product’s image and enhance its appeal.

Best regards,
Alain Richel - Java Developer