[jdt-dev] Some feedback DOM based completion strategy

Hi All,

I started help out Redhat team and others who are working on adding support for Javac Compiler in JDT.

As part of the work I started to add more features into new CompletionEngine which was made based on the jdt DOM instead of compiler AST.

I have started a discussion over here about it
https://github.com/eclipse-jdtls/eclipse-jdt-core-incubator/discussions/652

Mainly I’m looking into how we can implement same features we have in current CompletionEngine.

I have this very “not so sure” expectation that we might be able to use the new DOM base CompletionEngine even with ECJ as well. But it is too early to make any promises.

I would very much appreciate any feedback here or in the github discussion thread.

Best regards,
Gayan.

Back to the top