Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Tracing excecution/Adding breakpoints to compilation units

Have you looked at the JVMPI (profiling) architecture? I know next to nothing about it, but I'd expect it to be better suited to tracing than JPDA (debug).

- Jared

edacosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everybody.

I need to do this: trace execution, variable changes and throwed exceptions to detect responsability fails based on a components diagram (mapped to classes/methods)

This is my idea: When a launch configuration is launched I want to add (hiden) breakpoints to trace the executution of (probably) any class in the project, including exceptions and method inputs monitoring.
Is this a good approach? What other alternatives do I have?

In the case this alternative is fine: How do I get all the compilation units?, can I add at least method breakpoints to external .class files?

public class LCTLaunchConfigurationType extends JavaLaunchDelegate  {
public void launch(ILaunchConfiguration configuration, String mode, ILaunch launch, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws CoreException {
    ICompilationUnit[] compilationUnits=-code needed goes here--]
    addBreakPoints(compilationUnits);
    runner.run(runConfig, launch, monitor);
  }
}