Re: [jdt-core-dev] question

Philippe P Mulet wrote:

Sergey,

Only committers can perform edits. Please file a bug report, with problem
description, and there you can attach a patch for it.
Using interface at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ ? Should be it filed as bug or as enhancement/feature
request? The proposed change looks more like a enhancement than bug.

If the fix is accepted, then the change will get incorporated.

Note1: 3.1.2 is already out, so this change will not be included in it.
Yes, I understand this. I just like to have it included in the next release.

Note2: if the problem got addressed a year ago, I wonder how it could have
been lost... was it for 3.2 branch only, and you are asking for it to get
backported to 3.1 branch ?
To be exact it was not lost, I had updated 3.0 (current at that moment) and used it as is. Few days ago I did pay a couple of hours to apply/improve patch to current 3.1.2. The main reason why I did not submit it earlier is that original patch partially was a hack (it assumed no tabs mode and hardcoded tab size). Now I resolved both of these issues and patch looks more like a real update <g>.

As to your question, I made patch for 3.1.2 source base and I guess that it can be ported to 3.2 as well
without significant efforts.

Regards,
       Sergey.
ES@Home http://es.os2.ru/