Re: [jaxrs-dev] [External] : Re: Use of "JAX-RS" in javadoc

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 6:15 AM Christian Kaltepoth <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Arjan,

AFAIK only a few people call it Jakarta REST. Most people still refer to the spec as JAX-RS. Which is fine in my view.

If the real agenda is to keep calling it JAX-RS, it surely wouldn't matter that the official name is Jakarta REST, would it? I guess that even less people call it Jakarta RESTful Web Services today or even know about that name.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

As Markus pointed out several times, JAX-RS is not a trademark, and there is no legal reason or requirement for changing the acronym. So why confuse people even more by doing so?

Also, JAX-RS is shorter than "Jakarta REST". And omitting "Jakarta" would be really confusing, as REST refers to the architectural pattern AND to a corresponding spec.

Just my 2 cents.

Christian