Re: [jaxrs-dev] EMO Clarifications

Ok, thanks! Let's see what Wayne can tell us.

Am Do., 4. Okt. 2018 um 06:35 Uhr schrieb Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The problem is what Wayne did *not* write: The sign-off contains two elements, a name and an address. Apparently the bot also checks the name, not just the address. I assume it does that when there is a typo in the address, but this is just a wild guess. We noticed that because I always used my clear text name and it worked well, but recently Andy's commit failed the check when he used his clear text name but worked well with his user ID. So I think what Wayne writes is 100% correct, but should be amended by "In case the email address is unkown the IP-validation falls back to checking the user name against the Github ID", but again, this is just a guess, I still assume it is a bug and not wanted behavior.

-Markus

From: jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Kaltepoth
Sent: Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018 06:26
To: jaxrs developer discussions
Subject: Re: [jaxrs-dev] EMO Clarifications

Hi Markus,

thanks a lot for sharing these details. This is really helpful.

But I have one question. Wayne just posted this statement about the "Signed-Off-By" line for non project committers:

The author has an ECA and that the author's email address matches the email address in the Signed-off-by entry and the email address that we have associated with the contributor's Eclipse Foundation account.

This differs from your description:

Despite what the manual actually says, the Eclipse IP-validation bot expects to find the Github ID in the signed-off-by line

And I'm pretty sure that the "Signed-Off-By" line I included in Jersey pull request doesn't contain my GitHub username but only my full name and email address. Or am I getting something wrong here?

Christian