Re: [jaxrs-dev] Guidance for adoption of Reactive APIs

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:09 PM, Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please note that the EF's policy with EE4J (according to Mike Milinkovic) is to look at the existing production code and then wrap an API around that; in particular we shall not invent APIs upfront and the demand vendors to add them into the products ("code first approach" vs. "spec first approach"). So if RESTeasy, CXF, Jersey, etc. ALL agree to support a feature, we may then define an API around it -- but not the other way around.

I'm glad to read this being stated.

Speaking of Reactive API, there's indeed active development on RESTEasy side; initial implementation is already included in recent 3.5 series (http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/3.5.1.Final/userguide/html/Reactive.html) , more is coming soon in next minor.
This said, thanks for the link James, I'll definitely have a look :-)

Cheers

--

Alessio Soldano

Associate Manager