Re: [jaxrs-dev] "Sandbox" branches created for 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT, 2.2-SNAPSHOT, 3-SNAPSHOT / Tagged Oracle's initial contribution

> Markus wrote:
> Branch 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT - Bug fixes and clarifications only. No feature changes. Must stay JAX-RS 2.1 compatible.

 I think this branch will just create a potential confusion. I would just remove it for now and re-create it only if the need arises.

> Branch 2.2-SNAPSHOT - New features ontop of JAX-RS 2.1 / Java EE 8. Must stay backwards compatible to JAX-RS 2.1,
> hence only adds features but does not drop or change old ones. Deprecation of old features has to happen here.
> Branch 3-SNAPSHOT - Incompatible changes / feature removals only here.

 These are good.

> Tag initial-contribution - Oracle's initial contribution in case someone needs to look it up one day.
> Please always discuss first in a Github issue.
> Please do not directly commit to any branch, but always open a PR and let at least one other committer review your changes.
> Please do not open a PR against branch master, but always open a PR against one of the above branches.

 Agreed.

— Santiago

Back to the top