Re: [jaxrs-dev] JAX-RS Kick-Off: Commiters, Start Your Engines!

Markus,
I think I mis-read your original post...  I thought you were committing more changes to master, which I was trying to discourage at this point.  After reading your reply to my note and re-reading the original post, it looks like you were just pointing out the initial contribution was committed.  And, you were trying to set up some ground rules for future contributions.

To that end, we just published some ground rules from a PMC perspective:  https://www.eclipse.org/ee4j/news/?date=2018-02-16

Until we get complete Java EE 8 compliance with the EE4J project, we have to introduce some of these rules and guidelines.  The PMC is a small team, so we will are asking for all of the EE4J projects to help introduce and promote these guidelines.  Basically, we need Master to stay pristine except for bug fixes to allow the Java EE 8 TCK and CTS to execute successfully.  Additional branches (sandboxes) are up to a project's direction.

We are working diligently with Oracle to get the TCK's contributed.  Those components with individual standalone TCKs will be easiest ones to contribute.  The rest of the CTS buckets and associated harnessing will take a bit more time. But, everyone is pushing very hard to get all of CTS and TCKs in Eclipse as efficiently as possible.

Adding people to mailing lists without their consent isn't always a favorable act...  Please do whatever you can to encourage people to subscribe to the list.  Maybe send out a plea to the old jax-rs mailing lists?  Maybe Tweet, if you are active on Twitter.  We'll need to encourage everyone to get involved.

Thanks again for participating!
Kevin