[jaxrs-dev] Round of Introductions

Hello Committers,

as announced I want to start the round of introductions.

I heartly invite all other committers to post a short introduction, so we know each other a bit better.

My name is Markus KARG, I am contributing to JAX-RS API since the very pre-one-dot-zero days. Back then by private email to the spec leads, proposing features. Later by serving the JCP Expert Groups of JSR 311, JSR 339, JSR 370 (all JAX-RS API). I invented some of the nice features we have today, like parts of the Client API, some interfaces in the extensions package, and the initial draft of the filters subsystem. My drivers are: First, as the founder of "WebDAV Support for JAX-RS", I noticed several shortcomings of the spec, and I wanted to get them fixed. Second, my employer back then (and my new employer today) in JAX-RS 2 times, was relying heavily on JAX-RS and noticed more shortcomings. Third, as a conference speaker, magazin and blog author, JUG leader (JUG Goldstadt / Germany), iJUG e. V. member (Umbrella of German/Swiss/Austrian JUGs), JCP Individual Full Member, Eclipse Foundation Committer Member, and much more, I have contact to lots of users and many of them have great ideas for JAX-Rs and ask for help. So I do see my job mostly in being a fair steward of JAX-RS USERS. I am not a vendor. I do not getting paid for my work on JAX-RS. It is my spare time, and I have no interests besides getting a completely fair and open specification.

My vision for the future is that the JAX-RS implementations step up first, then agree on common features, then agree on a common api, and as the _last_ step bring up one commonly supported PR. I do not like the idea to develop the API first, independend of the vendors, as this could lead to having an API with no implementation at all, or a fragmented support.

Last but not least I want to nominate myself for project leadership. I am a manager in the day job, and I am part of JAX-RS for a decade. My intention is to be fair, and I am not obliged to any vendor. I do not have a bias. :-)

Regards

-Markus

Back to the top