[jakartaee-tck-dev] Draft pull request for adding Maven pom to each Platform TCK test folder...

To (start) addressing issue 51 [1], [2] adds a minimal maven `pom.xml` to each test folder using the existing test directories.  There are missing dependencies currently (so expect build failures), some that need to be discussed as to how to address (e.g. com.sun.javatest).

We are building still with Java SE 8 and will switch to Java SE 11 soon enough.

If anyone wants to improve the initial pom.xml files, your help is greatly appreciated!

If anyone wants to help eliminate the Java Test harness (com.sun.javatest [4]) missing dependencies in [2], your help is greatly appreciated!  This is an area that we need to explore to understand more.  Whomever looks at this part, needs to come up with different paths that we can choose from.

We can discuss more on the September 8th (or 9th depending on your time zone) TCK zoom call [5].  Note that [5] is the TCK call agenda document and contains a link to the (Jakarta EE Specifications) calendar.

The initial refactoring goal is to have a place to explore updating each test folder to be able to run TCK tests against the different EE container test vehicles with JUnit5/TestNG + Arquillian.

We also will integrate with any EE container tests produced by any of the Spec API teams (e.g. see [6][7] for possible examples).

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/51
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/735
[3] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/tckrefactor