Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Jakarta Platform TCK branching...

On 7/27/21 4:49 PM, Cesar Hernandez wrote:

I would expect GlassFish testing to occur on the GlassFish Jenkins instance.
+1, my understanding is that jobs like https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/build-glassfish/ will be moved to Glassfish Jenkins instance right?

https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/build-glassfish/ is a bad example as that job is not needed anywhere.  We added that to the Platform TCK CI so that we could start early testing of GlassFish 6 before there were builds available of it.  The job is pretty close to a one liner that just builds GlassFish.  I think that https://ci.eclipse.org/glassfish/ can already build GlassFish and I believe that TCK jobs were already copied over as well.

 One potential issue is that the (many) GlassFish specific deployment descriptors are the closest thing that we have of representing the per test configuration deployment settings in a way that could be mapped to work with other compatible implementations.

Interesting, so this means the platform TCK depends on Glassfish descriptors.

I meant that the Platform TCK currently contains the GlassFish deployment descriptors for many tests and the GlassFish TCK porting kit implementation.

Are these [1] the kind of descriptors you are referring to in your reply?
If yes, I don't understand why the Glassfish testing occurring in the Glassfish Jenkins instance will be an issue since we already have the descriptors in the https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck repository.

[1] is an example of the kind of descriptors that I am referring to.

What I am asking here is whether others besides GlassFish are using the GlassFish deployment descriptors in their TCK testing?  IMO, this is important to understand since the GlassFish TCK porting kit implementation is likely be moved elsewhere (for EE 10) which would include the test deployment descriptors.

If no, can you please expand a bit more on how this dependency exists currently in TCK Jenkins jobs?

[1]