Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [ejb-dev] Question about removing failing EJB legacy compatibility tests in Jakarta EE 9 Platform TCK

On 9/9/20 10:26 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro wrote:
Hi,

On top of my head, there is only Interop and JAX-RPC related features/tests pruned.
Entity CMP/BMP are part of the optional spec (as opposed to required).

But one may still want to implement and therefore test it, isn't it?

As per https://jakarta.ee/specifications/platform/9/platform-spec-9-SNAPSHOT.html#a3447 Jakarta EE 9 implementations should only be required to support Jakarta EE 8+ schemas, so we cannot really run these compatibility tests as they were originally written (with older J2EE schemas).

Does the EJB SPEC team want to consider updating these compat tests now or state now that you might want to in the future?

If they are removed and you decide to re-purpose them in the future that is still possible as the test source is preserved in the git repository.

Further thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

--