Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Is there a requirement for Standalone TCKs to run against Web Profile? Changes for handling optional technologies moved to Jakarta EE 9...

Create the issue, then the question becomes how to handle it. The options could be:
1. Remove the tests
2. Move those tests into the JAVAEE_FULL test group so the web profile does not execute them.

This probably fails the current CDI specification vote, so I'll have to bring that up on the Wed call.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/4/20 9:59 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that some (Jakarta EE 9) Standalone TCKs could be run against a
> Web Profile/Full Platform Jakarta EE 9 server implementation, however, I
> do not believe that the CDI Standalone TCK needs to distinguish as to
> whether it is being tested with a Web Profile vs Full Platform server.
>
> This came up in discussion regarding GlassFish issue#23184 [1] and Lukas
> stated:
> "
> The basic question is whether SOAP is mandatory feature of web-profile.
> "
>
> IMO, questioning whether the CDI TCK classes that reference
> jakarta.jws.WebService classes which are considered optional [2] for the
> Jakarta EE 9 Platform is a very valid point (despite [1] possibly being
> a legit GlassFish Web Profile bug, as non-web-services tests also fail
> when org.glassfish.weld.services.WsInjectionHandlerImpl.handles
> references the jakarta.xml.ws.WebServiceRef class when scanning
> annotations during deployment).
>
> I'm thinking that Lukas is right and the CDI TCK [3] should exclude
> tests that depend on jakarta.xml.ws.WebServiceRef since such tests are
> optional for Jakarta EE 9 Full Platform + Web Profile implementations.

Correction, CDI TCK [3] should exclude tests that depend on
jakarta.jws.WebService + the *.wsdl files.