[jakartaee-tck-dev] CDI TCK + Web Profile?

Does anyone here have experience running the CDI TCK with the Web Profile option? It's supposed to exclude the tests that require full platform technologies (like JMS & Persistent EJB Timers) from the suite, which it does successfully do, but it also seems to introduce some strange Arquillian failures in my Jakarta EE8 environment.

Three tests fail with something like this:
[ERROR] arquillianBeforeTest(org.jboss.cdi.tck.tests.context.conversation.event.TransientConversationLifecycleEventTest) Time elapsed: 1.44 s <<< FAILURE!

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not lookup value for field private java.net.URL org.jboss.cdi.tck.tests.context.conversation.event.TransientConversationLifecycleEventTest.contextPath
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Provider for type class java.net.URL returned a null value: org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.enricher.resource.URLResourceProvider@5082868e

In all three failures, the test in question has this:
@ArquillianResource(Servlet.class)
private URL contextPath;

This differs from all of the working tests, which merely have:
@ArquillianResource

private URL contextPath;

I am not enough of an Arquillian wizard to know why the difference in @ArquillianResource usage would matter or why merely running with an option to exclude additional tests would suddenly cause this test pattern to fail. Has anyone else tried to run this TCK in Web Profile mode and seen similar issues? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Thanks.

-Brian

Brian Decker
Rochester Blizzard