Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Weekly building of Jakarta Platform Stand-alone TCKs...

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 3:51 PM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:52 PM Edward Bratt <ed.bratt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(Oye, this just keeps getting longer. Sorry ...)

Yes, Kudos to Mark Thomas for his work on Web Socket TCK. Scott, you ask if we should wait for the Platform TCK before running the stand-alone TCKs -- I guess that is a question to consider with the API project committer teams. If they are following the pattern that Mark is using, they will likely want results sooner. But, it's also a resource issue (when can someone in the TCK project actually make the changes needed?).

Some needed changes are in https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/291 for updating the stand-alone TCK version numbers.  I merged this change, so we can start a build of the stand-alone TCKS (will be https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run-master/40).  We can check the output of this job for build failures, so we can understand what is needed to solve them.  So, good to get our eyes on this now, instead of waiting until after the Platform TCK is building without failures.

FYI, https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/253 is for the important ongoing work to resolve errors in the Platform TCK build (good progress coming from that effort, https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/290 looks a promising step forward, will review that tonight, others please do the same!).

The above mentioned pull/290 change is merged, thanks Alwin Joseph for making those changes and the follow up changes that you arer working on, well done!  :)

Alwin also created https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/293 for correcting the building of  standalone TCKs as well.  Alwin, do you need help with jakartaee-tck/issues/293?

Scott

Back to the top