[jakartaee-tck-dev] some remaining work for javax => jakarta classes ...

Hi,

I did a (rough) search for references to javax classes under the src tree, there are more in root, but I wanted to start tracking our progression to having zero of these under src:

3 files have javax.activation.

2 files have javax.ejb.

63 files have javax.el.

47 files have javax.enterprise.

771 files have javax.faces.

3 files have javax.json.

247 files have javax.jws.

29 files have javax.persistence properties + some classes referenced.

1 file have javax.security.

7155 files have javax.servlet (work in progress).

14 files have javax.transaction properties (javax.transaction.global.mode, javax.transaction.global.timeout).

The above output is mostly from getting a list of jakarta.* api classes from jakarta.jakartaee-api-9.0.0-RC1.jar, changing the names to javax and seeing what we can find under the Platform TCK src tree:

cd /tmp
wget https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta/platform/jakarta.jakartaee-api/9.0.0-RC1/jakarta.jakartaee-api-9.0.0-RC1.jar
cd $TCK/src
jar tf /tmp/jakarta.jakartaee-api-9.0.0-RC1.jar | grep --no-filename "jakarta/[a-z]*/" | cut -d'/' -f1,2|sort | uniq | tr / . | sed -e 's/jakarta/javax/g' | sed -e 's/\.class//g'  | while read OUT; do echo $OUT;grep -r --exclude-dir=signaturetest $OUT | wc -l; done >> /tmp/counts.txt

Sorry for the quick mail but I figure it is better to communicate quickly, than not at all, with this information.  We are getting close to completing the javax => jakarta changes, good progress everyone with that! :-)

Scott

Back to the top