Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Rep for Platform TCK status?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:30 PM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
On yesterday's Jakarta EE Steering Committee call, we determined that it would be good to get a short status update on the Platform TCK progress.  We already have myself on the agenda for the overall Jakarta EE 9 release progress, and we are inviting Payara/Fujitsu to represent the Glassfish Compatible Implementation progress.  The other piece of the puzzle is the Platform TCK.  Is there somebody from this Platform TCK team that would be interested in representing the progress at our weekly meetings?

Good idea, if no one else gives the status at the platform call, I can.

What are the remaining steps for producing the platform TCK?  I think it is something like:

1.  Complete the javax => jakarta class namespace changes.
2.  Remove pruned technology tests.
3.  Update signature tests for JDK 8/11.
4.  Update TCK tests for JDK 11 (optional?)
5.  Update scripts to copy Jakarta EE 9 spec api jars from GlassFish.
6.  Update Jenkins CI jobs to release 9.0.0 platform TCK.

Is there anything else needed in terms of Platform TCK changes for EE 9?

I think that we should start tracking the remaining tasks via https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues.

Scott

We meet every Tuesday at 11:30am Central, normally for one hour.  We could adjust the agenda to do the Jakarta EE 9 discussions near the beginning of each meeting.  This would allow the rep to leave once the Jakarta EE status was complete.

Any volunteers?  Thanks!