Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Updating the TCK for javax -> jakarta transition

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 7:33 PM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with the following.
>
> A few comments below.
>
> Scott Marlow wrote on 1/27/20 7:54 AM:
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM Alwin Joseph <alwin.joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> My comments/suggestions :
> >>
> >> -Make all the changes in the master branch for TCKs in https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck for testing.
> >
> > +1 for using the TCK master branch.
> >

> >> -The jakarate-tck 8.0.2 version is already a new tag. All the transition changes can hence be moved as branch/tag 9.0.0 later ?
> >
> > Yes, I agree that tagging/branching 9.0.0 can be later.
> >

> >> -This commit can be refered on how to bump up the TCK version. This was done for 8.0.2 where the TCKs had undergone a change. This needs to be done for javax -> jakarta transition changes too.
> >
> > +1
> >

> >> -Below jobs are currently specific to the master https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck repo.
> >>
> >> https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaeetck-nightly-build-master/ - builds the jakartaeetck bundle and copies at https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/master/nightly/
> >> https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master/ - runs the full profile jakartaeetck tests using the bundle copied at the above location.
> >> https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run-master/ - builds & runs standalone TCKs ( should probably try to provide option to choose the individual TCKs too )
> >>
> >> Also jobs do not run when a PR is submitted in jakartaee-tck repo. I believe it would be easier if we had that option.
> >
> > At the time that a TCK pull request is made, how do we get the
> > GlassFish build that should be used for the TCK testing?
> >
> > Or should we defer testing the pull request until the nightly
> > GlassFish build has the corresponding EE 9 changes?
>
> Can we assume that the tip of the GlassFish master is what should be tested?

As long as GlassFish master is where the switch to EE 9 occurs, I
think that makes sense.

> The GlassFish changes can be checked in without full TCK testing, and then
> the nightly TCK run can test whatever has been checked in.

+1 as long the TCK nightly run could use a nightly build of GlassFish
that is scheduled to build before the TCK nightly run, so that any
GlassFish build errors, show up in the GlassFish CI jobs.

Back to the top