Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Discussion on stand alone TCKs as part of the certification process

It depends entirely on what "product" you're trying to certify.

If you have a Jakarta EE platform product, you'll need to certify with the Jakarta EE platform TCK.  Since several required TCKs are not integrated with the platform TCK, the platform TCK rules require you to separately test with some of these other TCKs (such as CDI and BV).

If you have a product that supports only the WebSocket API, you need to test with the WebSocket TCK.

If you have a product that supports the Jakarta EE platform and also allows you to use pieces of that product independently of the entire platform, you'll need to certify with the platform TCK and the TCKs for all pieces that are usable independently.

Does that make sense?