Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] What is the plan for building jaxb-tck?

On 3/18/19 3:25 PM, Edward Bratt wrote:
Scott,

Jakarta EE is the generic project name (at least that's how I'm using it
below).

We originally proposed that the very next release of Eclipse GlassFish
(after 5.1) would pass BOTH the Java EE stable TCKs (these are licensed
by Oracle) AND the TCKs built from the contributed source -- in
jakartaee-tck project repositories, and a hand-full of other
repositories (e.g. JavaMail TCK is located in the JavaMail project).

Once that is completed, Jakarta EE has a baseline from which it can
evolve both the run-time implementation, and the Specifications.

Jakarta EE 8 -- is intended to be the same as Java EE 8 -- this would be
a platform that passes both Java EE 8 and Jakarta EE 8 TCKs.

Jakarta EE 9 would build from Jakarta EE 8.

Make sense?

I should of been more specific with my question which was when does the platform move to higher Java SE versions.

Yes, your response makes sense.

Scott

-- Ed