Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Update to specification document template

On 7/19/19 3:12 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
Lukas,
Nice update to your pom.  But, as Bill has pointed out in another thread, your approach only allows for "Draft" and "Final Release".  What about other interim reviews such as "Draft Review 2", or "Beta", or however you want to indicate progress?

either pass '-Dstatus="whatever You Want"' on the cmd line (as was suggested somewhere) - this works because no plugin can override/update existing property in maven, it can only 'hide' existing definition within its own execution; or if artifact version becomes '1.2-DR2' then status gets resolved to 'DR2'. Not as clear as 'Draft Review 2', still easy to distinguish from other versions (and easy to spot during review). If the version is '1.2-Beta-1' then status gets resolved to 'Beta-1', which would be fine, I believe.

thanks,
--lukas

I don't think we need a definitive answer for every component at this point.  Bill pointed out an issue with the current mechanism and provided a potential solution.  If some components would rather go their own route on resolving it, that's fine.  We just need to ensure that somehow the "Final Release" is properly represented in the Specification document.  Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinwsutter

From: Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 07/18/2019 04:50 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Update to specification document template
Sent by: jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 7/18/19 10:40 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
We have a fix for the above problem:

ifeval::["{revremark}" != ""]
endif::[]

while this definitely works, it requires passing '-Dstatus=""' to the
release build, so in turn change in release jobs eventually

to overcome this limitation, I was thinking about some "automagical"
way, like what I've just proposed for jsonp:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp/pull/193

thanks,
--lukas

You can pick up a new version of the license-efsl.adoc file with the  fix here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bshannon/spec-template/master/src/main/asciidoc/license-efsl.adoc

Please update your spec documents with this fix.

Thanks.