I don't think there's any need to formalize this role. Any committer can propose, prepare, seek approval, and start the Jenkins job to release a patch release.
These are normal day-to-day project activities of any open-source project.

Ivar

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 12:13 AM Edward Burns via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2023-08-01, Ed wrote:

EB> - How can we get someone to volunteer for this role?

EB> - Pay them? Ideally in money, but perhaps in

EB>   - swag

EB>   - guaranteed session acceptance at EclipseCon or other conferences

EB>   - product placement on some jakarta.ee website properties?

EB> - Is there someone who is already doing this for us?

EB> - Here I mean, is there anyone on the payroll at Eclipse who already

EB>  does this sort of thing as a part of their job?

I am disappointed at the paucity of discussion on this important topic. Considering how much time we spend on this topic in our highly scarce 60 minute weekly meetings, I would have thought there would be more interest.

To perhaps engender discussion, I will call on Ivar to address my suggestion above that we pay someone to volunteer for the maintenance release coordinator role. Let’s get creative and think of ways to pay the person beyond money. I suggested a few ideas above. Are you empowered to speak for Eclipse’s ability to kick in any of the non-money things I suggested?

Thanks,

Ed