Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Get clarity on process for obtaining consent to add a spec to EE11

Our major concern is that there should be some evidence of adoption by
vendors and/or a request for support from a platform/profile
implementation. There should be less latitude for the platform and
profile specifications then for the creation of Jakarta
specifications. There is a support burden that needs to have some
evidence of usage to justify the additional work to implement and
certify.

Our view is that new specifications should have an extensive
independent release cycle that results in users clamoring for their
adoption (in WildFly in our case) before we entertain a +1 vote.

In terms of the mechanics of deciding, a discussion with a vote on the
platform dev list seems in order. There needs to be some level of
justification from the component specification team in the ballot
materials as to why they think the specification is ready for
inclusion in the platform.