Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [proposal] new votes

It's very difficult to know how to split up the EJB items into groups people would be happy voting on.

In effort to sincerely move things forward, it might be better just to state what we see is workable.

> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean interoperability

Ok to remove from Jakarta EE and EJB.

> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean entity beans
> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean 2.x and 1.x client view
> - Jakarta Enterprise Bean  Embeddable Container

Migrate from javax to jakarta.  Allow them to be optionally supported in some way.

We definitely would want to avoid another vote where EJB items are put in the same group as JAXR, JAX-RPC, Deployment and Management as those are easily removable without consequence.

-David

Back to the top