Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java EE Guardians Statement on Oracle/Eclipse Agreement

Thanks Ryan and others contributor of blog post.

I must renaming packages. Okay, but do we have all informations to make good decisions ? This document describe mapping between old packages and new packages : https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/namespace/mappings.adoc

I can see on document : jakarta.jms instead of javax.jms
Mike said on this mailing-list that it is okay.
But on certain thread, we can see jakarta.messaging instead of javax.jms. Why not ?

Is it status of document ? complete ? or/and validated ?

Before renaming package, we have a issue "Change project name to Jakarta" (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/10). This blog post of Wayne Beaton are suggestions for changing name (https://waynebeaton.wordpress.com/2019/04/04/renaming-java-ee-specifications-for-jakarta-ee/)

Same answer ? Is it status of document ? complete ? or/and validated ?

My personal view, i found dommage to lose notion of API. One advantage of Java EE was one set of coherent API. I can use JPA on JavaSE without a all platform. I can create WS with JAX-RS without CDI but with Spring.
But I can create WS with JAX-RS, CDI et JPA.
I would appreciate reponse of Dennis 'No more "us vs them" thinking with regard to the ecosystem'

As developers, i'd like a new features on the platform. For example, i will change/upgrade my apps Java EE 8 for using CDI 2.0. As developers, i don't change/upgrade my apps for only renaming packages.

Don't must you take a another approach ?
We could work on a new version 9 with Jakarta 8 EE and new specifications : Configuration, NoSQL and others. During this period, we work to define all informations for changing naming package.

I fear that on ten or tweety day, we can take a risk to take a bad decision.

On another point, i'm uncomfortable talking about microprofile without them. Microprofile is independent community. Jakarta community isn't superior at Microprofile community For example, i talk before of configuration specification but it's more on ConfigJSR that MP Config

Regards,
Lilian BENOIT