[jakartabatch-dev] Updated outlook on Batch 2.1 completion

Hi Scott,

Let me give a more updated outlook here as the EOM approaches and we still need more time.

My excuse for the delay:  in declaring "the technical stuff is already complete" I'd not appreciated how adding the EJB execution path (analogous the the Platform TCK "vehicles" but implemented differently in a Arquillian-specific manner) still had to be designed and completed.

Essentially the tasks left are:

1. Complete adding the EJB execution path to EE/Arquillian TCK tests. (Ondro)
2. Finish rewriting TCK guide remembering we moved from Ant->Maven and rolled the platform tests into our standalone TCK.  (Me)
3. Other cleanup - update deps, copyright review, change history

Then we need to go through the processes around updating deps, staging/releasing API/CI/TCK, the spec PR. etc. and finally release review then balloting

This is tracked:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-api/milestone/1
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-tck/milestone/1

----

So I'd like to say we could finish 1.-3. by 2/16 (right in the middle of the week there).

I see in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTUpfdLZZrk2_UGwoX2w0seOCueRO3sQJIjWxpDAa7g/edit?pli=1#gid=35969432 there's a deadline of 2/28.
Ideally I'd know what phase in the process that represents already but I'm just going to ask here:

Does this sound like it's going to work?    Or do we need to try to be a bit more aggressive?

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx