Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Home for jbatch-arquillian-extension ? TCK Runner repos?

My initial thought was to provide an example runner for GlassFish inside the Batch TCK repo, just as an example others could use as a template if they want to run the TCK using Arquillian.

The long-term vision I have is to extract this into a separate Eclipse project that abstracts Arquillian under an API that is more descriptive and closer to the developer, hiding all the complexity of ShrinkWrap and assembling the deployment from classpath elements or maven dependencies. It also makes sense to move Arquillian Core under Eclipse Foundation so that the community can more easily contribute to it and evolve it. Either that and we would contribute the runner to the Arquillian project, or create a new Jakarta Testing project for that. I believe that the Jakarta EE community deserves something better than plain Arquillian, something that is useful for Jakarta TCKs but also for testing Jakarta EE applications out in the wild. Testing is a weak point of Jakarta EE, even with Arquillian, we all know it but nobody really addresses it.

Ondro

st 15. 9. 2021 o 14:49 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
Guess arquillian is dead since some years (understand 100% dedicated to EE TCK as it was originally intended to after some wide comm noise) so keeping it under the jakarta umbrella can make sense.
If too much paperwork to move it to another repo I would keep it in batch repo, else a new repo does not shock me.

Romain Manni-Bucau