[jakartabatch-dev] Plan for EE 9 PR by end of week ; Need review of XSD change !

Plan update - To meet the Sep. 16th planned date for EE 9, the Jakarta Batch project has a target of having our release PR ready by 7/27 (a week from today).
(We're in "Wave 4" here: https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee9/JakartaEE9#jakarta-ee-9-schedule )

The items remaining are:

1. XSD update
2. TCK signature tests
3. TCK guide documentation update
4. Specification PRs

So for 1., the XSD update, could someone please review: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-api/pull/103 ?

I decided it'd be simpler to just define our own version type ('batchVersionType') instead of having to include the common https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/jakartaee_9.xsd
Note the XSDs are not in the API jar. It's not that I removed them..they'd never been there in the first place... and it's not something I was able to get to (but someone else could if they wanted).

Once we agree I can send the PR I have to the related platform project (which is where the XSDs get published from, so in a sense more "official" or primary than our project versions..trying to keep track of all the sources here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-api/wiki/Updating-Batch-XSDs)
---

As far as the signature tests, I think I can pull something together from my notes here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-tck/issues/5 but my understanding here is pretty shallow.
I haven't found the platform TCK doc here to be too helpful. If anyone is familiar and wants to help please let us know.

(For the 3. and 4. updates I expect to do that myself, just mentioning.)

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx