Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Reza Rahman ---04/08/2020 08:36:47 PM---Folks, I really wish Jakarta Batch well and want it to becomeReza Rahman ---04/08/2020 08:36:47 PM---Folks, I really wish Jakarta Batch well and want it to become one of the model

From: Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jakartabatch developer discussions <jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jakarta EE Ambassadors <jakartaee-ambassadors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/08/2020 08:36 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartabatch-dev] New Contributor
Sent by: jakartabatch-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Folks,

I really wish Jakarta Batch well and want it to become one of the model Jakarta EE projects. This is in part because it is an IBM lead project and also as far as I can see Scott is going to be one of the better leads.

In fact one of the ideas for the Jakarta EE Ambassadors is to have some kind of community lead award/recognition program for Jakarta EE projects, leads, commiters and contributors. I hope this project would be an obvious candidate for the project and lead nominations.

There is however, one request I would like to make for everyone here. While Batch is in very good shape for Jakarta EE 9, there are many projects that are not, especially some of the lesser used Jakarta EE technologies: https://jakarta.ee/projects/. Would you consider at least temporarily moving over to one of those projects to help as a community contributor?

I can certainly help route or you could follow the same routine as here: just pick a project and announce that you are available to help with Jakarta EE 9.

I hope folks will consider it and I hope no one minds this message. I think it would be great to be able to get Jakarta EE 9 over the finish line sooner rather than later.

Reza Rahman