The PR reversed the paradigm, instead of extending the existing API it "parents" it, this is what CDI used to introduce BeanAttributes and I think it fits well this particular case.
Let me know if you prefer the other way around.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le jeu. 12 mars 2020 à 23:58, Scott Kurz <skurz@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I like the idea of having a generic extension. Feel free to create a new branch, either just for this or even a "2.1-dev" branch (or just a PR). (Or we can just reference the BatchEE artifacts while we're discussing).

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Romain Manni-Bucau ---03/11/2020 09:16:59 AM---Right, this can be enhanced by enforcing compile typeRomain Manni-Bucau ---03/11/2020 09:16:59 AM---Right, this can be enhanced by enforcing compile type checks but rational was that it shouldn't chan

From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jakartabatch developer discussions <jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/11/2020 09:16 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Generics need to move post-EE9
Sent by: jakartabatch-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Right, this can be enhanced by enforcing compile type checks but rational was that it shouldn't change much actually since these methods are never called in user land and code generally delegates to another "service" which is typed. Main impacting part for the users is the data "injections", not the outcome.

That said, the point was mainly the fact we don't need any breaking change to get this feature in and this remains valid ;).

Romain Manni-Bucau