Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Generics need to move post-EE9

Yes or no ;)

Typically in BatchEE we provide typed components already just subclassing built-in classes: https://github.com/apache/geronimo-batchee/blob/master/extensions/extras/src/main/java/org/apache/batchee/extras/typed/TypedItemReader.java#L28

In Java >= 8 it can even be done at interface level with default methods, so no breaking change needed IMHO.

Romain Manni-Bucau