Subject: [jakarta.ee-spec] Defining Jakarta EE 12 Scope in Program Plan
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 11:30:50 +0200
From: Reza Rahman via jakarta.ee-spec <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx, jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxx>, jakarta.ee-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx, JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks,

I would like to see if we can define clear, compelling, and specific
scope for Jakarta EE 12 as part of the Steering Committee Program Plan:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xUNDHMP_qTHH1wA3m0yCmWVf_sHp41Qd7Opq3FhgINs/edit?usp=sharing.
I believe this is of critical importance at this juncture. If I did not
think so, I would not bother trying. I have detailed all the rationale
here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U2qEqF9K969t5b3YuX4cwex5LJPvF3bt1w27cdKNpDM/edit?usp=sharing.
For those that recall, something very similar was done for Jakarta EE
11, so this isn't exactly without precedent.

I would like to see if this can be done in the following couple of
weeks, when the Program Plan is due.

Thanks,

Reza