Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

> On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:50 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> And those working at companies like Red Hat or IBM now probably still went to University or High School between 2008 and 2010.
>
> So please excuse our "seniority" or experience and don't feel offended or upset, if you only joined after Java EE 7 or even Jakarta EE started.

I wish we were that young!

The folks at Red Hat who have been commenting here have a long history with EE and with specs. I was an EE6 (and later) EG member, Web Beans/CDI EG member, although mostly for EE integration topics), JBoss AS/WF project lead  for many years,  Mark was working in standards since the 90s (OASIS, OTS, JTS, JTA etc) and was a JCP EC member during that time. Scott was an EC member as well, was a part of the JCP community process improvements,  and of course co-founded JBoss. David worked on multiple EE spec and subspec implementations, and  participated on Date/Time, Lambda, EE Concurrency JSRs.

I think everyone in the Jakarta community has great passion and even though that has lead to some spirited debate it’s a good sign that we all still care deeply about enterprise Java!

All the best,

-Jason

Back to the top