Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [Open Feedback] to this Community via Twitter

If you are truly and independent contractor and your employer has no rights to your work done on your time, then you can join as a contributor.

The situation with Romain's company will be resolved once the as yet to be created company "specification sponsor" (what I'll call it now since it does not exist) agreement is finalized, the company will be able to sign that agreement for no cost and the specification project members will be able to contribute to the specification project.

This is similar to a the JCP exhibit B agreement that allowed for the JSPA to work.