Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [jakarta.ee-marketing.committee] Amelia and Cesar: Dev Nexus feedback?

Hello All,

I am very sorry for not being able to attend the marketing call yesterday, as I would love to discuss further the current situation with the monthly WG calls. I thank you for your feedback! It was communicated to last couple of specification committee and / or steering committee calls that we had NO attendance on the last call - concerning and disappointing.

Here are my note about the call and issues with the call

Here is what we have in place so far:

  • Jakarta EE Working Group Calendar is set up with a monthly calls, last Wednesday 11 AM EST each month.
  • Calendar notifications about the call are set up
  • Separate email as reminder to the is sent to the mailing list a couple of days ahead

Here are issues / suggestions on how we can improve:

  1. WG members may not be aware of the call or may not be aware of the purpose of the calls
  2. We should consider changing the call Title. Suggestion Jakarta EE Monthly Status Update
  3. We should improve the description and expand the Agenda closer to the call - not just provide link to the document
  4. We should send an individual email to all Jakarta EE company members inviting them to attend and participate and further invite interested parties from their companies
  5. With the new title we should consider opening the call to the community jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx - I am in favor of this.

Our next call is scheduled for March 27th, and I would like to have the similar agenda as in Feb

  • Jakarta EE updates from the Foundation (Paul Buck / Tanja Obradovic - Eclipse Foundation)

    • Jakarta EE 8 release

    • Community engagement update: Town Hall in January, Jakarta Tech Talks - meetups....

  • Update on the Specification Process (Wayne Beaton - Eclipse Foundation)

    • EFSP v1.1

    • JESP

  • PMC / Projects Update (Ivar Grimstad - Principal Consultant, Cybercom Sweden)

    • Jakarta EE 9 - Jakarta EE Platform project, update

  • Marketing Update (Michael DeNicola - Fujitsu)

    • Project Pages (Jonathan Gallimore - Tomitribe)

  • Questions

I will likely work this call on the Monday and implement the above suggestion, so by mid / late week title and invites are corrected.

Please let me know if anything else should be considered for this call.

Thanks all for being vocal and persistent.

Best,

Tanja