Re: [iot-wg] IoT vocublary

I agree 100% that we should not reinvent the wheel.

I know the people at the IIC that work on their IoT vocabulary. I would be happy to suggest new terms that we would like to be defined.

From: iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jens Reimann
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 2:56 AM
To: IoT Working Group mailing list <iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [iot-wg] IoT vocublary

Hello IoT,

during out IoT unconference we also touched the topic of having a common vocabulary for our IoT projects.

The Industrial Internet Consortium already did such a thing [1] and my proposal would be to simply use it.

It may not be complete, and probably never will be. But I think it is a great start and instead of re-inventing the wheel, we should try to work with them, creating a next version which fills our gaps.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jens

[1] https://workspace.iiconsortium.org/kws/public/download/1267/IICVocabulary_v1.0_approved_20150625.pdf

--

Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top