Re: [iot-wg] Promoting conferences

I agree with Lis in that we should try to ensure that the promoted events at least are related to the IoT Working Group, e.g. members speaking at the event or showcasing their work.

I have some sympathy for Jay Jay’s argument that these posts are an indicator of growing interest by the academia. However, to me at least it doesn’t look like “the academia” has much of an interest in participating in the group rather than using it to increase their reach for their own agenda.

Kai

Von: iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Lis Strenger
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. April 2016 16:58
An: IoT Working Group mailing list <iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [iot-wg] Promoting conferences

I agree with the guidance Ian suggested. There are so many IoT events and other methods for keeping track of them. Limiting emails to Eclipse-related events would help cut down on the white noise. One exception perhaps, would be to announce when any members of this group are presenting at a conference--their talks are an opportunity to gain some visibility for the work of this group.

--Lis