[iot-pmc] Committer Election for Gianluca Barbon on Eclipse Kapua has started

A committer election for Gianluca Barbon on project Eclipse Kapua (iot.kapua)
was started by Alberto Codutti with this criteria:

Gianluca has been a long time contributor to the project and it has submitted
many important security and authentication features.

Most notably he worked a lot on the Single Sign On (SSO), improving and
extending out first and basic implementation.
Some of it works has been introduced through a CQ due to the big impact on
the code [1][2].
And many others changes to fix and improve the SSO support that our projects
provides [3].

Another big contribution has been the Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
support in the Web Administration Console [4].
This work was carried out from scratch, integrating from the ground of the
authentication and authorization services, continuing with the UI changes
required.
Similar to the work carried over with the SSO, Gianluca is still improving
the MFA support and working also integrating our feedback. [5]

The list goes on with other feautures:
- Service Cache support [6]
- Open API definitions [7]

And minor fixes ad improvements around the code:
- Job Step Definition Examples feature [8]

So, looking at his grown experience of the Eclipse Kapua project and time and
effort dedicated to it, we would like to have him joining the project as
committer.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/2754
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/2783
[3]
https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pulls?q=sso+is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+author%3Agbarbon
[4] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/3090
[5]
https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pulls?q=mfa+is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+author%3Agbarbon
[6] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/2892
[7] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/2784
[8] https://github.com/eclipse/kapua/pull/2609

Eclipse Kapua project committers can click the election link below to vote.

Election:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.kapua/elections/election-gianluca-barbon-committer-eclipse-kapua

Project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.kapua

Back to the top