Re: [iot-pmc] PMC Approval required for Committer Election for Ian Craggs on Sparkplug

Hi PMC,
Hi Ian,

I am having a bit of concerns approving this request.

I am definitely not doubting the achievements of Ian when it comes to MQTT, as listed in the nomination in a transparent manner.

However, these are not contributions to the Sparkplug project. As far as I understood the nomination, you expect Ian to contribute to Sparkplug "in the future".

As "future" contributions don't count, for me that would be a reason to reject the request for a normal Eclipse project. However, to my understanding, Sparkplug is more a specification project. So let's discuss if that should be treated differently.

Cheers

Jens